Reasons for Corsair popularity:
1. Extraordinary speed and effortless acceleration are trademarks of Corsairs. Their ability to fly on a puff or generate their own high-power apparent wind is legendary. Without a lead keel to create drag, and with tangible buoyancy in construction technique and materials, Corsairs are powered effortlessly by their high-performance sails.
2. Comfortable stability at any speed and in almost all sea conditions is simply a feature of beam and buoyancy. Heel (often unpopular with sailors) is restricted to about 15 degrees; which feels like about five degrees on the broad, flat deck and trampolines of a Corsair.
3. Superior safety is inherent in the design and construction of these boats and it stems from the same features that make them sail flat and fast. Corsairs can't sink. In fact, with all hulls filled to the brim with water, the positive buoyancy of the materials of construction keep the vessel afloat even with all crew aboard.
4. Trailerability is not a hassle. It's an advantage. Especially since it only takes a single owner about 30 minutes to go from trailer to sailing and back again after a couple of practice runs. Corsairs fold up and pull out effortlessly, mast-down in moments, tow easily and smoothly, and save you a bundle on slip fees and seasonal storage.
5. Beachability! On a Corsair, you can just motor up to the beach, step off, and drop an anchor on land, where you can see if it set properly! No need to load up the dinghy as everything is with you aboard and nearby.
6. Unparalleled construction. Corsair won't compromise on materials or technique in construction. Corsair has pioneered high strength and lightweight construction technology that incorporates aerospace composite techniques, foam sandwich construction, glass fabrics, carbon fiber, Kevlar unidirectionals, and vacuum bagging for ideal glass to resin ratio.
7. The folding system. It's spectacular. It's patented. After 25-plus years of use worldwide, this folding system is well proven, and is the most successful and structurally sound available for trimarans.
8. Low maintenance. The combination of engineering and materials that make Corsairs so strong, sleek, fast and lightweight, also make them incredibly easy to maintain. And, as Corsairs are seldom stored on the water, there is little need for everything from bottom coatings to anti-mildew sprays.
9. High re-sale - way past the time you'll start taking your Corsair's strength, endurance, dependability, fit and finish for granted-and believe that other boats must also be built as well because how could anyone settle for less?-you'll probably start seeing some new Corsair model and think about trading up. That's when you'll find out that the superior construction of your Corsair will enable you to sell it to someone else for not much less than you bought it for new.
10. The way they look and make you feel: fast, sleek and unstoppable.